Read ALL about it HERE!
How it Works
Follow these simple steps to get started on your first order:
- Initial Call: Fill out our contact form here. Upon receiving your information, we will reach out with a welcome email and an invitation to set up a quick initial phone call. During this phone call, we will walk you through our process and ask you some questions so that we might better understand what you are looking for. If you want to skip signing up for now and just want to hop on the phone to get a better idea of how we work, feel free to set up a call here.
- Peruse the menu: Filling out our contact form automatically signs you up to receive our weekly newsletter containing our updated Menu + Announcements. The menu for the following week comes out every Thursday in these emails. The menu is also updated on our website and can be viewed here. Make sure to check out our FAQ page here to learn how you can get your special requests on the menu.
- Place your order: After receiving the menu for the following week, please click on the "Order Now" button at the bottom of the email (or on the updated Menu + Announcements page here) to place your order by Friday 5pm for the following week. Make sure to indicate the number of servings desired for each dish ordered. Please use the comments section at the bottom of the order form to put in requests for substitutions or to indicate any additional dietary restrictions not addressed in the menu item.
- Relax: We'll take it from here. We will do all of the shopping, cooking, cleaning, and delivering. All you have to do is wait for your order to arrive in our insulated Taking Pure Joy cooler bags. We deliver on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Heat and enjoy: Most clients find what works for them and stick to it, but we are always happy to provide recommendations for heating and serving. So feel free to ask!
- Return your goodies: Before your delivery, load any ice packs and/or empty containers from your previous order/s into a Taking Pure Joy bag and place it on your doorstep for our delivery driver to pick up.
You will receive your invoice for the week no later than Wednesday evening via email. You will be able to pay using a Credit Card via a button in that invoice, but we accept Venmo to @Teddy-Danielson OR Zelle transfer to 831-345-4545. If neither of these methods work for you, please send us an email HERE.
Yes!! We love it when you tell us what you want. Just get your special requests in by Wednesday 6pm and we will try our absolute best to get them on the following week's menu.
We deliver throughout Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, and San Mateo Counties. We ARE expanding, so feel free to give us a try if you are outside of these areas. No promises yet, but soon!
Yes, there is. We require clients to order at least 2 dishes per delivery day. So, if you are ordering on both Monday and Thursday, you will be ordering a total of 4 dishes for the week. If you are only ordering on Monday OR Thursday, you only need order 2 dishes per week.
We deliver on Mondays and Thursdays. Delivery time varies depending on your location, with Santa Cruz County orders arriving around 3-3:30, Santa Clara around 4:30-5, and San Mateo around 5:30-6.
Nope! Delivery is wrapped into the labor fee.
Our default is plastic. We would love to move away from that, but as of now we are sticking to it. If you would like to have your meals delivered in glass containers, we are happy to accommodate, but we do require a deposit to cover the extra initial cost.